After a pretty mixed few weeks, it’s time to look forward and make some changes to make sure the coming months are the best yet.
After the joy of regaining contact with an old friend, I received news (just days apart) that two friends had died. Throughout this, I’ve received amazing support from my husband, family and workmates and had other little moments of joy.
So, in an effort to make the most of it and live a life more loved, I’m making a concerted effort to focus on these five things:
- Friends and family. They are vital. It’s simple enough to write and I’m reasonably good at keeping in touch but this last few weeks have proven to me that they should remain a priority regardless of how busy my week is or how tired I may be. I’m lucky to be connected to some pretty wonderful people and I want them to know it now and always.
- My health. I make plans to do a lot of things, but quite often let other engagements cancel my exercise plans, postpone medical appointments or make plans for meals out. None of that is a problem once in awhile, but it adds up. It’s time to make my health a priority.
- Sleep. Most people who know me will love at this, but the reality is that I often procrastinate before bed which means that I don’t end up getting as much sleep as I intend. That must change.
- Saving. It should be a habit, but, like many others, for me it hasn’t been. It’s time to change that.
- Just doing it. It’s time to stop procrastinating. List making is one thing, but it’s time to limit social media, switch off the TV, get up and just live life. It’s too short.